Live within 1.5 miles of work? Why not walk?
Live within a block or several to that transit stop that could deliver you right downtown? Why not walk?
For those not quite suited for biking to work, but interested in fitting in daily exercise, walking is just the right speed and just a bit less sweat.
Walk Tacoma 2017
Schedule coming soon!
ADDITIONAL WALKING RESOURCES
- American Heart Association – Walking Page
- CHI Franciscan’s Walking Log
- Tacoma Historical Society’s Walking Tours
- Calorie Counter
- TPCHD Walking Guide
- City of Tacoma’s Pedestrian Crossing Improvements
What are Walking Wednesdays?
Walking Wednesdays promote walking for transportation, health, and community well-being. They can be whatever you want them to be!
Who can participate?
Businesses, organizations, schools, clubs, individuals
What do I do?
The possibilities are endless! Here are a few ideas. Whatever you do, feel free to download and use the Walking Wednesday logo and connect via social media (#walkingwednesday).
- Promote and attend a Downtown On the Go Walk Tacoma event (1st and 3rd Wednesdays)
- Join DOTG’s monthly Walk Tacoma, Workday Walks on the last Wednesday of the month
- Host a walk at work at lunchtime
- Hold a walking meeting on Wednesday
- Identify a meeting point for a group walk to (or from) work
- Provide an incentive for walking to work
- Add a walking article to your employee newsletter or bulletin board
We thought it had a nice ring! And we know we’re not the first to use it but we’re hoping you’ll help us spread the word and expand the effort.
- You’ll be part of a larger movement that helps our community become healthier and more walkable
- Your event will be posted on the Transportation Choices Coalition Calendar
- Your event will be publicized by DOTG and TCC via Twitter and Facebook