We hate to admit it, but sometimes even we – diehard believers in all things non-single occupancy vehicle – have to drive downtown, too. We do it begrudgingly; nevertheless, we do it. So here are some resources to get you where you need to go.
- If you’re driving an electric vehicle, downtown has charging stations open to the public.
- Check out info on the on-street parking system in downtown Tacoma by checking out the City of Tacoma’s website.
- If you’re interested in parking off-street in downtown, you can compare garages (price, location, etc.) by clicking here or download a pdf of all downtown parking.
COSTS OF DRIVING
And of course, we must first say – for the sake of our conscience – that driving alone costs a lot, pollutes our air and water, and wastes limited resources. Just take a look at the graph below:
*Graph based on information from the Victoria Transport Policy Institute
There, we said it. Now, read on to find out how to make it a little easier.
- Want to hear from other downtown commuters?Click hereto read case studies from everyday commuters like you.
- Interested in having Downtown On the Go and Pierce Transit talk with your employer about possibilities for employer provided transportation benefits? Put in a good word by passing along our web address, email us at and we’ll do the convincing for you.
- Still got questions? We’ve got answers. Check out our FAQ’s page where we give the lowdown on questions real commuters ask.