Your resource guide for transportation, advocacy, and events.
Understand Transportation Demand Management (it’s what we do!)
- Exit 133: News, politics, and civic involvement in Tacoma, Washington.
- VeloFemmes: For women who ride bikes and have fun doing it!
- Bike 253: A gathering space for all organizations and people who ride bicycles or would like to learn more about how to get around Tacoma and Pierce County on two (or three) wheels.
- A list of bike clubs in WA State to help you find your biking brethren.
BLOGS & SITES
- Urban Velo: A magazine/blog/website devoted to bike culture.
- Momentum Mag: Another magazine/blog/website devoted to bike culture.
- Copenhagenize: An international bike advocacy blog. Mikael reports on innovations and advancement around the world in urban planning and bicycle commuting. He also shares great advocacy videos from every corner of the earth.
- Institute for Alternative Transportation & Policy Development: The Institute for Transportation and Development Policy works with cities worldwide to bring about transport solutions that cut greenhouse gas emissions, reduce poverty, and improve the quality of urban life.
NEWS & ARTICLES
- Poverty & Public Transportation: How Solving the Problem of Public Transportation Would Bring Hope to the Poor.
- New Poll Shows Public Wants Public Transit…Again: “ABC News and the Washington Post undertook a survey (1001 national respondents) asking whether government efforts to address traffic congestion should focus on expanding and building roads, or on providing more public transportation options. The majority, 54%, want public transit solutions.”
- Calgary’s Soaring Transit Use Suggests High Ridership is Possible Even in Sprawling Cities: “Calgary is demonstrating that even when residential land use is oriented strongly towards auto dependency, it is possible to encourage massive use of the transit system.”