Downtown On the Go is your transportation advocate in downtown Tacoma.
There are many different ways to create change in Tacoma. From City Council to Neighborhood Council meetings and all the commissions and boards between – it is a puzzle.
Come learn about the who, what, where, and when of making an impact on your city. This short training will touch on strategic storytelling and provide resources to get you ready for the next Citizens Forum (or any of the other many places to comments!).
How to Speak Up Events in 2019:
- Feb 5, 4-5 p.m. at Anthem Coffee in Stadium
- Aug 6, 4-5 p.m. location TBD
- Downtown On the Go Advocacy Philosophies & Priorities
- City Council Map & Contact Info
- Flowchart – explaining how, where, and when to speak up!
- Action One-Pagers
- Informational One-Pagers
Join the conversation
- Join the Tacoma Link Expansion conversation.
- Come to our Friday Forums quarterly conversations on transportation topics.
- Check our downtown projects page for information about improvements and projects at different stages of design, planning and construction.
- To stay up-to date on advocacy opportunities and events, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Share Your Thoughts with
- Tacoma City Council: Citizen Forum is held on second Tuesday of each month.
- Pierce County Council: Meets every Tuesday.
- Pierce Transit Board of Commissioners: Meets on second Monday of each month.
- Sound Transit Board of Directors: Meets on fourth Thursday of each month.
Other Transportation Advocates
- Washington State