DOTG welcomes Jonah Jensen as DOTG President for 2014.
It’s an honor and privilege to serve our great community as President of Downtown On the Go. Last year was a historic one for us, and we’ve recently reached a major milestone with the support of our board, staff, community, and of course our three partners. We wouldn’t be here without the support of the City, Chamber, and Pierce Transit. To commemorate these great partnerships, together we all signed an official Declaration of Cooperation at last week’s board meeting. I couldn’t imagine a better way to bring in a new year of business and opportunities than alongside these three organizations. Great partnerships such as these are crucial to the livability, sustainability, and economic vitality of our downtown core. 2013 truly was a year that Downtown On the Go can be proud of.
In 2013, DOTG boasted:
1. More than 20 businesses signing on to Live Downtown
2. A record number of people attending our events
3. A new Bike Committee whose hard work created Bike to Work Week
4. A Car Share Coordinator to promote Zipcar and Hertz 24/7 in downtown
5. A board of 21 downtown businesses who care about transportion solutions for downtown
And 2014 promises to be another great year! Thanks, to support from downtown businesses and people like you, we’re ready to hit the streets rolling (sometimes literally) by foot, bike, bus or sharing rides to continue our work towards a vibrant downtown Tacoma. I’m looking forward to the opportunity to serve our community and to work with all of you to further the mission of Downtown On the Go.
Here’s to a Happy New Year of healthy commutes and a thriving downtown Tacoma!
– Jonah Jensen, DOTG President